Adding payout information
Givebutter makes it quick, easy and secure to withdraw and/or send the funds you raise.
To start, navigate to the "Payouts" tab in your dashboard.
From here, you have three options for payouts:
- Add a mailing address | Receive a paper check in the mail
- Link a bank account | Direct deposit to your bank account or debit card
- Send funds directly to a beneficiary (coming soon)
Once you add payout details, you won't need to add them again for future withdrawals.
1. Add a mailing address | Receive a paper check in the mail
To start, navigate to the "Payouts" tab in your dashboard and select [Add a mailing address].
Note: By default, the “Name / Company / Organization” field will match both the name on the check as well as the name on the address. If you need them to be different, we recommend putting the check recipient's name in the Name field and "C/O (Address Recipient’s Name)" in the Address line 2 field.
Add your mailing address:
Execute your paper check:
Add an optional memo and send:
Wah-Lah! Your check will arrive in 5-7 business days. 📮
2. Link a bank account | Direct deposit to your bank account or debit card
To start, navigate to the "Payouts" tab in your dashboard and select [Link a bank account].
Select your account type:
In the drop-down window, select [Individual] or [Company] for the account type.
Connect with Stripe:
Follow the Stripe prompts to set up your account. This account should be activated by someone authorized to sign on you or your organization’s behalf. If that’s not you, please ask the right person to complete this form. You’ll be required to add pertinent business and tax information (if applicable).
Execute your bank account or debit card deposit:
Once your bank account is linked via Stripe, it couldn’t be easier to request bank transfers going forward. Simply click “Withdraw to a bank account” in the table and then “Initiate transfer” on the confirmation screen to transfer your available balance.
Ta-Da! Your funds will arrive in 3 business days. 💰
Please note that there is a $3,000 limit per withdrawal on debit card transfers.
3. Send funds directly to a beneficiary (coming soon)
- You will be able to automatically redirect all funds raised to another account on Givebutter (i.e. a nonprofit, your national organization, a friend)
- In the meantime, you can still withdraw funds and send them via other means, or add a beneficiary's mailing address as your own
For more detailed information on how payouts work, please refer to this article.