Every attendee is emailed a PDF ticket from Givebutter after purchasing, which they can print or display on their phone for access to the event. Tickets have two unique identifiers on them:
- QR code – this is what you'll be scanning (see "Ticket Scanning")
- Shortcode – 5-digit code you can use to quickly look up and verify tickets via the dashboard (see "Check-ins & Troubleshooting")
Step 1: Contact us to get set up on CodeReadr
CodeReadr is the leader in mobile ticket scanning. If you haven't yet, please contact us so we can get you set up.
Step 3: Sign in with your account details
Sign in to the app using the username and password provided to you by Givebutter.
That's it — you're ready to scan!
Note: To ensure accuracy and reliable connectivity, scanned tickets (check-ins) are automatically synced to our system every two rolling minutes.
Check-Ins & Troubleshooting (Givebutter Tickets Tab)
As mentioned above, every ticket has a 5-digit shortcode which you can use to quickly look up and verify tickets via the dashboard. You can also search by name, email, and phone number.
This tab can be accessed by logging into your dashboard and clicking on the "Tickets" tab in your left sidebar. If you aren't able to access this information, it is likely because you haven't been added to the account as an admin or editor.
You can manually check-in attendees by clicking on "Check in", without having to scan their ticket. Once someone is checked-in, the column changes to a green checkmark.
A few notes on the Tickets tab:
- The search bar is the best and fastest way to search for tickets
- Filters are useful if you want to export a list of only a certain ticket type, price, etc.
- Be sure to periodically refresh the table to ensure you are up to date with any live ticket scanners (the page does not sync in real time)
These additional features can enhance the Live Events experience: