Running multi-team fundraising campaigns has never been easier and combined with Givebutter’s powerful team fundraising features, it’s never been more effective! With Multi-team Fundraising, you can add multiple teams to campaigns, each with their own members, pages, goals, leaderboards, and more.
How it Works
Creating multi-team fundraising campaigns is one of the best and most powerful features on Givebutter. First, if you haven't yet, check out this demo campaign and click on the different teams/member pages to get an idea of what multi-team fundraising can look like. A few extra notes:
- Click "Donate" – this entire donation form can be embedded on your site
- You can also sell tickets and registrations (learn more about Events on Givebutter)
Creating a campaign
- To set up Multi-team fundraising, the first thing you'll want to do is create a campaign. Select a Fundraise campaign type for multi-team fundraising unless you want to sell tickets/registrations, then select an Events campaign.
- Add photos, details, Story, etc. to your campaign if you have them ready.
- Once your campaign page is set up from a content perspective, we are ready to enable Multi-team Fundraising!
Enabling Multi-team Fundraising
In your Dashboard, navigate to the desired campaign and click on the Team tab. Once here, click on Manage Teams and create teams you'd like your Team Members to join.
If you would like Team Members to create their own teams, you can enable this option in the More Options area of the Team tab.
Creating and joining a team
There are two ways to create a team:
1. Creating a team from the dashboard
- In the Team tab of your campaign, click on the Manage Teams sub-section (located just to the right of the Team members sub-section). Click Create a team.
- Enter the team name, goal amount, and logo. Click Save.
2. Creating a team from the public campaign page
- Visit the campaign page URL and click Fundraise
- From here, Team Members can either join a pre-existing Team or create a new team. Click Continue after making your selection.
Editing / managing teams
Admins can edit the team name, the team goal, and the logo via the Dashboard.
- In the campaign Team tab, click on the Manage Teams sub-section.
- Locate the desired team and click the ellipsis (the three horizontal dots: "..."). This will open up the editor menu. From here you can edit information on the team, view their page, view their team members, or delete the team entirely.
Team Member fundraising is included with these Givebutter free products: