Running multi-team fundraising campaigns has never been easier. And combined with Givebutter’s powerful team fundraising features, it’s never been more effective, either.
With Multi-team Fundraising, you can add multiple teams to campaigns, each with their own members, pages, goals, leaderboards, and more.
How it Works
Creating multi-team fundraising campaigns is one of the best and most powerful features on Givebutter. First, if you haven't yet, check out this demo campaign and click on the different teams/member pages to get an idea of what multi-team fundraising can look like. A few extra notes:
- Click "Donate" – this entire donation form can be embedded on your site, with chapters and members
- You can also sell tickets and registrations with chapters (learn more about Events on Givebutter)
- This is considered just one campaign, which each chapter "joins" as a "Team"
- Teams can be linked to accounts, such as chapters (learn more).
Creating a campaign
1. To set up Multi-team fundraising, the first thing you'll want to do is create a campaign from inside your dashboard. Always choose Fundraise as the campaign type unless you want to sell tickets/registrations, which would be Events.
2. Add photos, details, Story, etc. to your campaign if you have them ready.
3. Once your campaign page is set up from a content perspective, we are ready to enable Multi-team Fundraising!
Enabling Multi-team Fundraising
In your dashboard, go to your desired campaign and click on the "Team" tab. Once here, click on "Team fundraising settings" and toggle on the "Enable Team fundraising" setting. Make sure you have your public Fundraise button enabled as well!
Creating and joining a team
There are two ways to create a team:
- Through the dashboard (Admins only)
- Through the public campaign page (Supporters and Admins)
Creating a team from the dashboard
1. While within the "Team" tab in the campaign, click on the "Teams" sub-section (located just to the right of the "Team members" sub-section). Click "Create a team".
2. Enter in the team name, goal amount, and logo. Click save. The team has been created!
Creating a team from the public campaign page
1. Visit the campaign page URL and click "Fundraise"
2. From here, your supports can either join a pre-existing team, or create a new team. Click continue once after making your decision.
You can manage and edit teams within your dashboard at any time. Admins can edit the team name, the goal thermometer, and the logo.
1. While within the "Team" tab in the campaign, click on the "Teams" sub-section (located just to the right of the "Team members" sub-section).
2. Locate the desired team and click the ellipsis (the three horizontal dots: "..."). This will open up the editor menu. From here you can edit information on the team, view their page, view their team members, or delete the team entirely.
This is only the beginning! We have many features coming soon to Multi-team Fundraising:
1. Ability for teams to set their own goals
2. More customization options for a team's page
Multi-team fundraising works with all of Givebutter’s standard team fundraising features, both on the member and team levels:
✓ Team Leaderboard
✓ Member Leaderboard
✓ Personalized Pages
✓ Trackable Links
✓ Automated Donor Invites