What is the Givebutter Referral Program?
The Givebutter Referral Program is an exciting opportunity for you to earn cash by referring Givebutter to your friends, family, classmates, team members, co-workers, and followers. It’s a small way for us to thank you for your efforts to bring more users to Givebutter! So when anyone signs up on Givebutter using your Referral link, and they raise $1000, you get $100, cash!
How does the referral process work?
Your referrals can create their free Givebutter account by signing up through your unique referral link. You will be eligible for rewards once your referrals have raised $1000. Once your referrals have hit that fundraising milestone, you will receive an email notification to fill out your payment preferences.
Who can I refer to earn rewards?
You can refer anyone that has not previously created a Givebutter account. Givebutter is the perfect solution to help people raise more money for good causes; here are a few examples:
- Nonprofits collect donations on their websites, generate social fundraising campaigns, sell tickets to events, and grow donations over time
- Student Groups like clubs, teams, fraternities, and sororities, collect dues and donations, sell tickets, and fundraise for good causes
- Sports Teams, booster clubs, and associations, collect dues and donations, sell tickets, and fundraise as a team
- Companies, startups, and coworkers fund new business ideas and raise money for good causes
- Individuals who may want to change the world or the community they live in
Is there a limit to the number of rewards I can earn?
There are no limits to the number of people you can refer or the amount of rewards you can receive.
How can I tell if I've made a successful referral?
We regularly send out emails that include the status of your referrals. These emails display the number of:
- Referral Credit Received: Referrals who signed up for Givebutter using your unique link.
If you would like to track your referrals in real-time, sign in to your Givebutter account and navigate to the Givebutter Referral Program page, or click the 💰widget in the left-hand corner of any Givebutter page.
What rewards can I earn?
For your referrals to count, they'll need to do the following:
- Click your referral link to sign-up for Givebutter and complete registration
- New accounts must raise $1000 for you to earn the $100 reward
Referrals will be processed within a week of a referral milestone. These rewards will be distributed via PayPal or added to a Givebutter campaign of your choice.
Where can I find my referral link?
Your referral link can be found on the Givebutter Referral Program page when you're signed in to your account or by clicking the 💰widget in the left-hand corner of any Givebutter page. The referral link can also be found in the welcome email you received after being enrolled in the program. This email was sent from the Givebutter Referral Program, and you should receive it within 24 hours.
When and how will I get paid?
- You will be eligible for your payment once your referral has raised $1000 on the Givebutter platform.
- Once you’re eligible for your first payment, you will receive an email asking for your preferred payout method.
- Payouts will either be processed via PayPal or donated to a Givebutter campaign in your honor.
My referral forgot to use my referral link. Is there a way to track it back to my account?
We’re unable to track referrals back to your account if they did not use your referral link at the time they signed up.
Can I get paid for previous customers I referred before the Referral Program launched or before I signed up?
The Givebutter Referral Program tracks referrals that are new Givebutter customers. We cannot grant referral credits to customers who had signed up before the program launched or before you joined.