How to sell items on Givebutter
Follow these directions to use our Events ticketing feature to sell items. You can add an item for sale in addition to regular tickets, or sell physical/digital items exclusively.
The possibilities are endless. 🚀
1. Create your items as tickets in a Givebutter Events campaign
- Follow these directions to create an Events campaign and these directions to design tickets
- Add a name, pricing, and quantity to every ticket
2. Email the following information to Givebutter Support at [email protected] and we will convert your tickets to items and set quantity limits
Note: Please email us at least 48 hours in advance of when you need the tickets converted, so we have time to make the manual change.
- Confirm your campaign URL
- Specify the names of the tickets which you'd like to convert to items
- Specify if any items have a per transaction limit. Example: Limit 5 items available per transaction.
- Note: Tickets converted to Items are not included as a scannable ticket PDF in automated receipts sent to donors. Items will also not appear in the Tickets tab and donors will not be required to add per ticket information.
3. To report on your item sales, export your transactions to CSV
- Follow our export Transactions with Item Breakdown to CSV directions for reporting purposes.
Add photos to your ticket descriptions by adding basic HTML to the ticket description.
- Add <img src="publicly hosted image link"> , to your ticket description
- Note: the image must be publicly hosted and cannot be saved exclusively on your device
- Don't forget to press Save for each ticket
Items with images will present this way in the Transaction Flow:
Add Custom Fields to collect pertinent information
- Add custom fields to your campaign to collect any additional required information per transaction.
- Example: mailing address, shirt size, meal option, etc.