How do withdrawals work?
We know how important it is for you to get the funds you raise quickly and securely, which is why we don't set any limits on when or how often you can withdraw, and provide a range of options for you to do so.
There are four ways to collect or send funds:
Paper check in the mail
Physical checks can be requested after adding a Mailing Address in the Payouts tab of your dashboard and are subject to standard shipping times (typically 5-7 business days). You can add an optional memo to your check.
Direct deposit via bank account
Link a bank account for direct deposit, secured by Stripe. Deposits can take up to 3 business days to appear in your account.
Direct deposit via debit card
Link a debit card for direct deposit, secured by Stripe. Deposits can take up to 3 business days to appear in your account. Debit card transfers are limited to $3,000, maximum.
Send to beneficiary
If you've linked another Givebutter Account as the beneficiary of your campaign, they'll be able to withdraw funds directly from Givebutter. If you haven't done that but still would like to send them the funds directly, you can add the beneficiary's mailing address or bank information and request the payout on their behalf.
- All payouts are subject to a manual approval process to prevent fraud and suspicious activity.
- All donations are initially marked as "pending" and become available on a 3-day rolling basis after a donation is made.
- Payouts are a completely free service, meaning that Givebutter covers the cost of all shipping and processing fees. If you have a good experience, you can leave us a tip, although this is completely optional.
- At this time, we only support checks and direct deposits for mailing addresses and bank accounts in the United States and Canada.
- International (non-US) payouts can be made via PayPal. To request a PayPal transfer, please contact us. Limitations may apply.
How to withdraw funds
After adding your payout information, it's easy to withdraw via the Payouts tab in your dashboard.
Choose your preferred method for your campaign:
Withdraw to a bank account:
Receive a paper check:
Do I have to reach my goal?
No, goals are completely optional and do not affect payouts in any way.
We hope you exceed your goal every time, but if you do happen to fall short you will still be able to withdraw funds without an issue. If you would like to utilize an all-or-nothing campaign format that only processes donations if you hit your goal, please contact us via chat or email ([email protected]).