How can I add offline donations? How do they work?
You can process offline donations and credit them to a specific campaign, team, and member right from the Donations tab in your dashboard.
Please note that this feature is only available to admins and editors. Learn more about roles & permissions
Here's a step-by-step walkthrough on how to add offline donations and how it all works:
1. Go to your dashboard and click on the Donations tab in the sidebar on the left. Click on/hover over "New Donation" in the top right of your dashboard and choose a campaign.
2. You have the option to credit specific teams and members with donations. If you're selling tickets, you can buy/issue those from here as well!
3. Customize the donation (optional): add messages, GIFs, drawings, and photos to make the donation look great in the feed
4. Choose "Cash" or "Check" as the payment method to record an offline donation and optionally send donors an email receipt with your custom thank you message. Note: fees will apply only if you choose an online payment method — choosing Cash or Check will remove any fees and you won't need to enter any payment information
5. Offline donations will appear in your Donations tab, just like any other donation, with "Check" or "Cash" shown as the payment method.
In a nutshell, donations that are processed through your dashboard are treated exactly like any other donation on Givebutter, but give you some awesome new abilities for quickly recording offline payments, sending those donors email receipts, and processing all kinds of payments quickly and directly all in one place.