How can I add offline transactions? How do they work?
You can process offline transactions and credit them to a specific campaign, team, and member right from the Transactions tab in your dashboard.
Please note that this feature is only available to admins and editors. Learn more about roles & permissions
Here's a step-by-step walkthrough on how to add offline transactions and how it all works:
1. Go to your dashboard and click on the Transactions tab in the sidebar on the left. Click on/hover over "New +" in the top right of your dashboard and choose a campaign.
2. You have the option to credit specific teams and members with transactions. If you're selling tickets, you can buy/issue those from here as well
3. Customize the donation (optional): add messages, GIFs, drawings, and photos to make the transaction look great in the feed
4. Choose "Cash" or "Check" as the payment method to record an offline transaction and optionally send donors an email receipt with your custom thank you message. Note: fees will apply only if you choose an online payment method — choosing Cash or Check will remove any fees and you won't need to enter any payment information
5. Offline transactions will appear in your Transactions tab, just like any other transaction, with "Check" or "Cash" shown as the payment method.
How can I delete offline transactions?
You can delete offline transactions from the Transactions tab in your dashboard as well. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough on how to delete offline transactions:
1. Go to your dashboard and click on the Transactions tab in the sidebar on the left.
2. Click on the offline donation that you want to to delete and click the "..." next to the donor's name. Click on "delete" and the process is complete!
In a nutshell, transactions that are processed through your dashboard are treated exactly like any other transaction on Givebutter, but give you some awesome new abilities for quickly recording offline payments, sending those donors email receipts, and processing all kinds of payments quickly and directly all in one place.