How it Works
- Donors have the option to give monthly or one-time when donating
- Monthly donors will receive emails for every subsequent charge, with a link to edit
- Admins can view and manage monthly donors from the Dashboard anytime
Enable Recurring Donations
First, to enable Recurring Donations, you'll need to head to your Account Settings and flip on the switch next to "Recurring Payments."
Once enabled, Recurring Payments will instantly get added to all of your account's past, present, and future campaigns. Check out the donation form on one of your campaign links to see for yourself! Recurring Donations is compatible with all of our payment methods (including Venmo and PayPal), as well as all of our campaign types (Collect, Fundraise, and Events).
Managing Recurring Donations
Navigate to the "Recurring Payments" tab in your dashboard, this is where recurring donors details will appear.
Your recurring donors will automatically receive email receipts for each concurrent charge, with a special link included for them to update their billing information if necessary.
Currently, donors only have the option to give monthly. If you'd like us to add additional functionality for Recurring Donations, you can let us know here!
See this feature in action by going through the donation flow on any of our demo campaigns, found here (under "Fundraisers"): https://demo.givebutter.com/dance-marathon
Recurring Donations can be used with all of Givebutter's free products:
- Collect – donation form, donate button, dues/payments
- Fundraise – crowdfunding, team/peer-to-peer fundraising
- Events – ticketing & registration
- Platform – CRM (dashboard)