Sending an end-of-year giving report, also known as an annual statement, is an excellent way to give your donors a complete summary of their past years' contributions and simultaneously thank them again for their support. It's also an opportunity to let them know how they have helped your mission, which is critical for donor retention and makes good sense.
Bulk Reporting 🚛
From your Contacts tab, click on Actions.
Choose EOY Reports.
Select the year you want to generate the report for.
Click Export Selected Year.
5. A zip file will be sent to your email address that includes individual EOY reports for all your contacts.
You can also see and re-download your Export History by clicking View History under the Actions button in Contacts.
✅ Pro tip: You can easily print all of the individual giving statements at once.
Printing multiple files On Mac via Finder
To use the Finder method to print multiple files at once on your Mac, first launch a new Finder window. You can do this by clicking on the Finder icon in your Dock or, with Finder selected as the active application, use the keyboard shortcut Command-N.
2. From the new Finder window, navigate to the location that contains the files you want to print. In our example, it’s a folder on the Desktop.
3. Select all of the files (Command-A) or just the files you want to print by holding down the Command key and clicking once on each desired file.
4. Once you’ve got the files you want to print selected, choose File > Print from Finder’s menu bar options.
Printing multiple files on PC
Go to the 'Windows Settings' interface and then click on "Devices" and then "Printers & Scanners". Select the printing device you would like to use.
2. A window will pop up after you click on the button 'Open Queue'. Choose all the PDFs that you would like to print and drag them into the queue window.
3. When the pop-up window appears and prompts if you would like to print all the files at once, click on the option 'Yes' to confirm it.
Individual Reporting 🧍♂️
You can generate end-of-year giving reports in Givebutter and easily share them as a PDF attachment or via a unique link. These individual reports contain a complete snapshot of donor history for the given reporting year, including all online transactions and any offline donations recorded by admins.
The video below shows you the process from beginning to end.
How to generate and share an End-of-Year Giving Report
Start by navigating to the Contacts tab and selecting the Contact you'd like to generate a report for.
Inside the Contact profile, select the Reports tab.
Next, click Generate Report to create a PDF summary with an overview of all the gifts this Contact has made in the period.
Select the desired reporting Year and click Generate
Click the ellipsis (...) to View, Download PDF, or Delete a report
Click the share icon to create a shareable link to this report
✅ Note: If a report for the selected year already exists, it will replace the existing one.