You can apply any filters to your donations and export the data right from your dashboard into a neatly organized CSV.
How to Export Donations to CSV
Navigate to the “Transactions” tab in your Dashboard.
Click the Export to CSV dropdown. Select between “All transactions”, “Only donations”, and “Only ticket sales”.
Navigate to your email and in a few moments, you will receive a message from Givebutter saying that your export is ready to download.
In the email, click the “Download CSV” button or copy and paste the provided link into your browser.
Note: for security purposes, you must be logged in to Givebutter to view/download your CSV. If you’re having any trouble opening your link, be sure to double-check that you are logged in, as your email client may have redirected you to a different device/browser than the one you exported the CSV from.
The CSV file will then download to your device. Check your Downloads folder to open in a file reader like Excel.
Exporting custom fields
Custom fields will be included in your CSV export provided that you select a single campaign in the filter dropdown.
Using your data
The following fields are available after exporting:
- Reference # – transaction ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Status – succeeded, authorized, cancelled, failed
- Status Friendly – Succeeded, Authorized, Cancelled, Refunded, Disputed, Failed
- Dedication Type – In honor of, In memory of
- Dedication Name
- Dedication Recipient Name
- Dedication Recipient Email
- Method – card, venmo, paypal
- Amount – amount the donor chose to donate
- Fee – full transaction fee for donation
- Fee Covered – fee amount that was covered by the donor (zero means they chose to not cover the fee)
- Donated – amount donated after all fees = Charged - Fee
- Payout – final amount to be paid out for this transaction (zero means offline donation)
- Dispute Status – won, open, lost, closed
- Captured At – date & time payment is captured (may differ from Created At for pledge donations)
- Refunded At
- Created At
- Anonymous Hide Name – 0 or 1 (1 = donor requested their name stay hidden from public view)
- Anonymous Hide Amount – 0 or 1 (1 = donor requested their donation amount stay hidden from public view)
- Public Name - The name the supporter entered to show on the supporter feed.
- Public Message - The message the supporter entered to show on the supporter feed.
- Public Media - The media item the supporter uploaded to show on the supporter feed.
Export to CSV can be used with all of Givebutter's free products:
- Collect – donation form, donate button, dues/payments
- Fundraise – crowdfunding, team/peer-to-peer fundraising
- Events – ticketing & registration
- Platform – CRM (dashboard)