Using promo codes on Givebutter
1. Click "Enter promotional code" after clicking "Donate & Tickets"
2. Type in your code and click "GO"
3. Your code has been applied! Select your tickets and click "Continue"
4. Proceed through the checkout flow. On the final slide you will see your discounted tickets. Fill in your payment details and click "Finish"
How promo codes work
You can have unlimited uniquely named codes that can be set to active or inactive for any of your campaigns.
There are two types of discount codes you can offer:
- Fixed - i.e. $10 off
- Percent - i.e. 10% off
There are also two types of usage limits:
- Unlimited (default): code can be used an unlimited number of times
- Limited: code can only be used X number of times
Promo codes work seamlessly with Givebutter's new Offline Donations features, so you can issue free or discounted tickets right from the dashboard.
How to add promo codes to your campaign
1. Navigate to your desired campaign in your dashboard and visit the "Event" tab.
2. Scroll down until you see the "Promo Codes" section. Click the "New Code" button. Here you can enter information on your Promo Code, including the code itself, the discount type (fixed, percentage), and the amount. You can also deactivate, edit, and delete Promo Codes in this section. Don't forget to hit "Save" when you are finished!
See this feature in action by doing the following:
- Visit our demo campaign: https://demo.givebutter.com/events
- Click "Donate & Tickets"
- Click "Enter promotional code"
- Enter "EARLYBIRD" > click "GO"
- Promo code applied!
Promo Codes are included with the following free Givebutter products: