Welcome to Givebutter! We've put together a series of articles to get you up and running, but always remember that you can send us a message anytime by clicking the chat bubble in the bottom right corner. We love hearing from you 😄
Thank you for being here. Let's jump in!
Where to start
There are a few easy ways to begin the sign-up process:
Creating your Account and Individual User Profile
- Account: The entity you are representing
- User Profile: You! (you don’t need to use a shared email or login - your information can remain private and you can easily add other members/editors/admins later)
To begin, select your Account type.
You will then have two options for creating your User Profile.
- Continue with Facebook (recommended)
- Fill in all of the fields shown with your personal information
Answer a few questions to help us tailor your Fundraising experience then navigate to your Dashboard.
Creating a New Account
This next step is key for anyone who wishes to fundraise as a group, company, team, nonprofit, and/or organization.
After creating your Account and User Profile, there are two ways to create a New Group/Organization Account.
Name your Group/Organization Account
- Navigate to your Dashboard and click the arrows next to your existing account(s) then selecting (+ Create new account).
- Once you’ve answered a few questions to help us tailor your Fundraising experience and named your Group/Organization Account then navigate back to your Dashboard. Notice your New Account is selected in your Dashboard sidebar.
Note: Registered 501c3 nonprofits are eligible for verification by Givebutter. Verified nonprofits receive a special badge and exclusive benefits. Learn more here.