The simplest way to increase giving is to customize and personalize the donor experience as much as possible. We’ve made it easy to tailor your donation amounts and values presented to donors in your forms.
The top image highlights Custom Donation Amounts on a Collect Page, and the below image highlights Custom Donation Amounts on a Fundraise Page.
Here are a few examples of how you can use custom values to increase giving on your donation forms, fundraising campaigns, ticketed events, and more:
- Increase, decrease, or limit the number of default donation amounts (i.e., $50, $500, $5,000)
- Explain the impact of each donation amount (i.e., $250 = Specialized services like pet therapy)
- Offer an incentive for certain donation amounts (i.e., $100 = Includes a Dance Marathon T-shirt)
- Enable Recurring donations for your Campaign makes it easier for donors to give again and again, plus on average, donation amounts increase. Explaining the impact of each donation amount in a monthly format increases the likelihood of a monthly contribution. (i.e., $40 = A month’s worth of coloring supplies)
How to set Custom Donation Amounts
These directions are a guide for anyone who wishes to customize the donation amounts of any Campaign.
Navigate to your Dashboard and select the Campaign you'd like to customize.
Enter the 🛠Settings tab and scroll to the Custom amounts section.
Enter your desired Amounts and optional Descriptions.
Tip: The Descriptions have a character limit of 40.
Click the [Add] button for additional Amount options.
Tip: You can add up to seven unique amounts (8 including "Other").
Click the Garbage Can icon on the left to delete an Amount.
Select whether you'd like to show an "Other" option for supporters to give any amount (optional).
Require that supporters give at least a minimum amount when choosing "Other" (optional).
Click "Reset to defaults" to revert to the original Donation Amounts. Select OK to confirm the reset.
Click Save after any changes.
Voilà - you're ready to rock-and-roll. 🥳
- Check out this live donation form with custom values: https://demo.givebutter.com/collect
- Each amount and value in the form was set by Dance Marathon (i.e. $25 - Care package for a child in need, $100 = Treatment plans & materials, $250 = Specialized services (i.e. pet therapy), etc.
Custom Donation Amounts can be used with all of Givebutter's free products:
- Collect – donation form, donate button, dues/payments
- Fundraise – crowdfunding, team/peer-to-peer fundraising
- Events – ticketing & registration
- Platform – CRM (dashboard)
- See how you can use Givebutter to fundraise with Venmo
- Read about our 0.5% fee and commitment to transparency
- Check out these inspiring stories of Givebutter Changemakers
- If you haven't yet, sign up for free in minutes