We’ve made it easy to collect additional information from your supporters at check-out.
🆒 Title & Description - Each custom field can contain a title and description. Descriptions support links and basic text formatting options.
⚠️ Required / optional fields - Want to make your fields required? No problem, we can handle that.
✉️ Email receipts - Custom field responses will appear in email receipts to supporters and notifications you receive.
👨💻 Transaction panel - View custom field responses in the side panel in the Transactions tab of your Dashboard.
📩 Transactions Export - Custom fields are included in the Transactions export by following the directions here.
⚡️Zapier - If you're using Zapier, the custom fields in a transaction will now be sent over as part of the payload.
1. ✏️ Text - A simple text field for collecting short answers:
2. 📝 Text box - A large text box for collecting long answers:
3. 👇 Dropdown - A dropdown selection with the ability to add custom dropdown values to select from:
4. ✅ Checkbox - A simple checkbox:
5. 📻 Radio - Radio buttons for selecting a single option from a group:
Here are a few examples of how you can use custom fields to increase information gathering on your donation forms, fundraising campaigns, ticketed events, and more:
Subscribe supporters to your email marketing
Offer T-shirt size selection
Collect questions and comments
Offer dinner options (Chicken, Steak, or Vegetarian)
How to add and edit Custom Fields
1. Navigate to your Dashboard sidebar and below the word "Campaigns,” click your desired Campaign, then click on the Settings tab.
2. Scroll down to the “Custom Fields” settings and click "New Custom Fields".
3. You can also click the “Edit” drop-down menu to change the language of your question or click the trash can icon to delete a custom field.
Note: If you want to change the type of question (ie. empty text field to a radio button), you will need to delete the question and create a new one.
Custom Fields can be used with all of Givebutter's free products:
Collect – donation form, donate button, dues/payments
Fundraise – crowdfunding, team/peer-to-peer fundraising
Events – ticketing & registration