How can I get my nonprofit verified?
If your organization holds 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, you may be eligible for holding verified status on Givebutter.
Any employee or board member of a registered nonprofit can submit a verification request by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
- Your full name, phone number, and position at the nonprofit
- Nonprofit name, EIN, website URL, and address
- 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS
Givebutter reviews all verification requests on a case-by-case basis, and acceptance is not guaranteed.
What are the benefits of getting verified?
Verified nonprofits are indicated by a special checkmark across all Givebutter pages, which gives donors peace of mind and added confidence when giving to your organization.
In addition to a verified badge, nonprofits will receive exclusive access to the following benefits:
- Automate your tax-deductible donation receipts to always include your EIN (otherwise you would have to add this manually and it's unverified by Givebutter)
- Appear in various prominent locations of the Givebutter website as a verified fundraising and donation option for visitors (coming soon)
- Receive exclusive and early access to new features, resources, and co-branded materials exclusively for nonprofits on Givebutter
- For donors: What does the verification badge mean?