How can I get my nonprofit verified?
If your organization holds 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, you may be eligible for holding verified status on Givebutter.
Any employee or board member of a registered nonprofit can submit a verification request by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
- Your full name, phone number, and position at the nonprofit
- Nonprofit name, EIN, website URL, and address
- 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS
Givebutter reviews all verification requests on a case-by-case basis and acceptance is not guaranteed.
What are the benefits of getting verified?
Verified nonprofits are indicated by a special checkmark across all Givebutter pages, which gives donors peace of mind and added confidence when giving to your organization.
Verified nonprofits are able to process ACH Payments 🏦
Givebutter is excited to offer ACH Payments as a lower-cost payment option on any campaign with no additional setup required. Please click here to learn how you can gain access to ACH Payments on Givebutter.
In addition, nonprofits will receive exclusive access to the following benefits:
- Automate your tax-deductible donation receipts to always include your EIN (otherwise you would have to add this manually and it's unverified by Givebutter)
- Receive exclusive and early access to new features, resources, and co-branded materials exclusively for nonprofits on Givebutter
- Appear in various prominent locations of the Givebutter website as a verified fundraising and donation option for visitors (coming soon)