How can I get my nonprofit verified?
If your organization holds 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, you may be eligible for holding verified status on Givebutter.
Any employee or board member of a registered nonprofit can submit a verification request by emailing [email protected] with the following information:
- Your full name, phone number, and position at the nonprofit
- Nonprofit name, EIN, website URL, and address
- 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS
Givebutter reviews all verification requests on a case-by-case basis, and acceptance is not guaranteed.
What are the benefits of getting verified?
Verified nonprofits are indicated by a special checkmark across all Givebutter pages, which gives donors peace of mind and added confidence when giving to your organization.
In addition to a verified badge, nonprofits will receive exclusive access to the following benefits, all coming soon:
- Automate your tax-deductible donation receipts that include your EIN and all other pertinent tax info across all of your campaigns (currently you have to add this manually to each campaign and it's unverified by Givebutter)
- Appear in various prominent locations of the Givebutter website as a verified fundraising and donation option for visitors
- Receive exclusive and early access to new features, resources, and co-branded materials for nonprofits
- For donors: What does the verification badge mean?