At Givebutter, we believe your account should be as unique as the organization or individual it represents. That's why we designed account settings to highlight your unique story.
Let's get started personalizing your user experience.
Setting up your new Account
Each account on Givebutter has its own settings, which essentially act as a high-level overview/template for all of your campaigns and account activity on the site. New campaigns, chapters, etc. can inherit these details by default.
To begin editing your account details, click on the Account Settings button, below your account name in the top left corner of the Givebutter Dashboard.
Edit your account name, tagline, and mission statement
- Your account name is used on your campaigns, emails, and in many places throughout Givebutter.
- Your tagline is a short, one-line description that appears below your name on your Landing page.
- You mission statement is a longer description of your organization's purpose.
Add a description of your organization
- This is used as a template for your campaign's story. Add text, dynamic pictures, and videos.
Add the links to your social accounts
- Social links display on the Giving Hub to make it easier for visitors to find and follow you.
DANGER ZONE - Delete Account
Note: You can only delete your account if you have not yet raised any funds.
Manage settings that act as a template for your campaigns. You can override them on each campaign
- Enable recurring monthly payments across all your campaigns
- Enable a way for donors to dedicate a donation in honor or in memory of someone
Customize your overall account's transaction receipt with a Thank You Message
- This message will appear in the email receipt supporters receive. You can override this message and send yourself a test by visiting the Settings tab on individual campaigns.
Manage account-wide Funds / Donation Designations
- Allow supporters to designate their contribution to a specific fund
- Add new funds and export information to CSV about the funds
Edit your account's Logo and Cover Photo
- Recommended logo size: 400x400, max size: 500kb
- Recommended cover photo size: 1200x400, max size: 1mb
Add a Theme Color
- This color will display on your Landing Page and as the default on all your campaigns.
Enable Custom Branding (Pro & Premium)
- Add your logo on receipts, tickets, and donor-facing emails.
Landing Page / Giving Hub
Your landing page is a home for all of your activity on Givebutter
- Customize your landing page link Note: Changing this URL will break any link that was previously shared.
- Enable and manage your Giving Hub.
Enable General Donations
- A campaign to accept general donations on your landing page and website.
If you are an admin, you will also see the following tabs.
Invite new admins and editors to manage this account
- Read this guide to learn more about managing roles.
View your Billing Portal
- Navigate here to manage any subscriptions, update your payment method, and view invoices.
Givebutter Plans & Products
- See all our plans and pricing or schedule a demo!
Managing multiple Accounts
Every Givebutter user can be a member of unlimited accounts. This is useful because you can easily create, manage, and switch between accounts without having to set up multiple users and passwords.
To create a new account and toggle between any existing ones, simply click on the account switcher arrows in the top left corner of the dashboard.