At Givebutter, we believe your Account should be as unique as the organization it represents. That’s why we designed Account settings to highlight your individual story. Let’s get started personalizing your user experience.
Setting up your new account
Each Account on Givebutter has its own settings, which essentially act as a high-level overview/template for all of your campaigns and account activity on the site. New campaigns, chapters, etc. can inherit these details by default.
To edit your Account Details, click on the "Account Settings" button below your Account Name in the top left corner of the dashboard.
- Name - your Account Name, used on your campaigns, emails, and in many places throughout Givebutter.
- School / University - if your Account is affiliated with a university, you have the option to add it here. This can help potential donors and alumni find your campaigns.
- Tagline - A short, one line description that appears below your name on your Group Page.
- Recurring Donations - Toggle to enable recurring monthly donations across all your Givebutter campaigns.
- Dedications (In Honor / In Memory of) - Toggle to enable a way for donors to give in honor of or in memory of someone.
- Logo - Recommended logo size: 400x400. Max size: 500kb.
- Cover photo - Recommended cover photo size: 1200x400. Max size: 1mb.
- Donor thank you message - This message will appear in the email confirmation donors receive.
- Any content you add here will appear on your Group Page and as the Story for any new campaign(s) you create (can be overwritten).
- Add your general email address, website, and social media links to make it easier for visitors to find and contact you.
Landing page Settings:
- Custom Landing page link - This is the link where your Group Page lives. Please note that changing this will break any previous links.
- Giving Hub - Enable a Giving Hub on your account.
- Upgrade & manage your Givebutter Plan here.
Managing your Individual User Profile
Your profile lives inside the circle at the top right corner of your dashboard. Click on that to see the option for "My profile" — this is where you can update your profile picture, email, name, and password.
Every User on Givebutter can be a member of unlimited Accounts. This is useful because you can easily create, manage and switch between Accounts without having to set up multiple users & passwords. To create a new Account and toggle between any existing ones, simply click on the Account Switcher in the top left corner of the dashboard.