Before setting up your Campaign, you’ll want to make sure you’ve set up your account by navigating to “Account Settings” in the top left corner of your dashboard. Your Account Settings act as a template for any Campaigns you create, so it’s always a great place to start.
Note: any template details that you add in the Account Settings, such as a Cover Photo, can be overridden at the Campaign level.
Setting up your Fundraise Campaign
To edit your Campaign Details, click on the Campaign Name you’d like to edit, found below your Account Name on the left side of the dashboard.
Navigating the Fundraise Campaign Manager
- Add a Title; it's your Campaign Name, used on your Landing page, emails, and in many places throughout Givebutter.
- Add a Description; it's an explanation of your Campaign that appears directly below the Title.
- Add a Goal to encourage donors or leave it open-ended
- Add a Theme Color to customize the look and feel of your campaign pages and donate flow
- Create urgency by setting an End Date, or leave it open indefinitely
- You have an option to stop accepting donations after the End date passes
- You have an option to hide the total number raised
- Add a Logo (recommended logo size: 400x400. Max size: 500kb.)
- Add a Cover photo (recommended cover photo size: 1200x400. Max size: 1mb.)
- Add text, images, or embed content such as videos
- Add team members through the following methods: email invitation, direct link, “Join this Fundraiser” button on the campaign page.
- Manage Team Members in the Members tab of your dashboard or disable team fundraising altogether.
- Switch a Fundraise Campaign to an Events Campaign by selecting [Create event]. None of your information will be lost, but you will now be able to add tickets.
- Customize your Campaign link
- Access the code for your embeddable widget, accept donations on your website with a single line of code
- Access the directions for enabling our text-to-donate feature.
- Manage your SEO Title and Description used on Google and when sharing on social media. We use your campaign title by default.
- Toggling Publish campaign makes this campaign publically viewable and live
- Toggling Accepting donations turns donations on and off
- Require donor phone numbers, turning this on will always require donors to enter their phone numbers.
- Enable Givebutter Express, turning this on will let donors speed through checkout faster without collecting addresses.
- Change your Campaign type between Collect, Fundraise, and Events
- Personalize the thank you message that appears in the Custom Receipt sent to donors of this particular Campaign
- Delete the Campaign if you haven't raised any funds
Ready to move forward with Fundraise? Great, next, add payout information.